Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Almost There!

Well, my WAS totals are getting closer by the day. I got a surprise QSL card from Maryland, a contact I simply forgot to log even though I had the QSO written down in my notebook! That same day, I was on the SKCC SKED page and saw a station from Wyoming. Five minutes later we were chatting on 40 meter CW. A few days before that, I met up with a nice ham from Minnesotta on 80 CW. Three states down in a matter of days! I will update my official state QSO count when the cards arrive but I suspect that will happen soon enough!

In the mean time, I built a dummy load. I used 20, 1K Ohm resistors in parallel. I used a pickle jar and filled it with mineral spirits. It works great and has a 1:1 match from 1.8-28MHz. I am going to add a circuit that will inidicate my peak voltage which will then allow me to calculate power. I'll try to get a picture of this and my station when I get around to it.

I received my crystals I ordered on eBay for 30 and 40 meter QRP. The only problem is I haven't gotten around to order the rest of my parts for my homebrew QRP transmitter. There just isn't enough time in the day!

Take care all, I'm going to try to work some CW. 73 Joe N0NS

No comments: